We cannot get enough of these copy cat Reese's Cups and with only two ingredients we are finding ourselves making them almost every week as the perfect post-workout (you heard us!) treat. The high amounts of protein and omega 3's in the Sacha Inchi Butter are perfect to help your body repair from an intense sweat sesh or just a way to give yourself a boost of energy mid-afternoon.
We used our Classic Sacha Inchi Butter and Lily's sugar-free Chocolate Chips, but feel free to use your Unsweetened Butter and regular chocolate chips! If you want to try an extra fun shape, check out our heart-shaped Reese's cups!
Try these 2-ingredient cups and let us know how amazing they are! Be sure to tag @brassrootsfood so we can see your creation and share :)
Servings: 12 Large Cups
Does it keep? Refrigeration recommended. 5 days room temperature; 2 weeks in the fridge; Months in freezer.
- 1 cup Classic/Unsweetened Sacha Inchi Butter
- 1 bag (9 oz) of Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Using a double boiler, melt your your chocolate and keep on a low temperature to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Pour a small amount of chocolate into each cup; Just enough to cover the bottom of the liner. Tap/drop the tin on the table to release any air bubbles.
- Place the tin in the freezer for ~5 minutes
- Spoon a layer of Sacha Inchi Butter on top of the frozen chocolate. Press on it lightly to ensure it's even and flat.
- You can either set this layer in the freezer or, if you're pressed for time and don't care as much about presentation, spoon another thin layer of chocolate on top of the butter.
- Place back in the fridge for at least 30 minutes*
*Depending on how well mixed your butter is, it may not freeze completely. Experiment with storing your cup at room temperature or in the fridge/freezer to find the consistency you like!
Comments will be approved before showing up.