Every find yourself craving salt and sweet at the same time? We definitely do and these candied sacha inchi seeds are the perfect solution. Naturally sweetened and flavored with cinnamon and vanilla, these little nuggets of flavor are perfect for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up or to give as a last minute present!
These candied seeds don't use the usual huge amounts of sugar and corn syrup and while our recipe calls for coconut sugar, feel free to swap it out for monkfruit sweetener, Swerve, or a sugar alternative of your choice!
Go make these candied seeds (and maybe send some our way)! Be sure to tag @brassrootsfood so we can see your creation and share :)
Candied Sacha Inchi Seeds (Nut Free, Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo)
Servings: 1.5 Cups Seeds
Does it keep? Room Temp for a week or so.
- 1.5 Cup Lightly Salted Sacha Inchi Seeds
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sugar replacement)
- 1/4 Tsp salt (omit if you want a sweeter seed)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tsp Water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and salt. Set the bowl aside. Mix the maple syrup, water, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stirring frequently, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and add the Sacha Inchi Seeds.
- Continue stirring until almost all of the liquid has evaporated (2-5 minutes depending on the strength of your heat). Remove from the heat and scoop the seeds into the bowl with sugar and salt. Toss the seeds to ensure that they're evenly coated.
- Pour the Sacha Inchi Seeds evenly onto the parchment-lined pan and cool completely. They may feel soft while they are cooling, but they will harden up as they cool!
*We find that coconut sugar is our personal favorite, but absolutely feel free to change this recipe to suit your needs!
Go make these candied seeds, post a picture, and tag us @brassrootsfood on Instagram or Facebook using #SnackWithAPurpose so we can see what you create and feature you!