Get baking, post a picture, and tag @brassrootsfood using the #SnackWithAPurpose so we can see what you create and feature you!
Recipe adapted from + inspired by @erinliveswhole
Servings: 12 slices
Does it keep? We recommend storing it in the fridge after icing and removing one-hour prior to serving so it can come to room temperature. If serving same day, you can also store room-temperature for up to 12 hours before placing in fridge.
Freezer-Friendly? Sure thing! Cut a couple of slices and store them in an air-tight container!
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut or oat flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Powder (dried ginger)
- 4 Flax Eggs*
- 1 cup Pumpkin (can be subbed with mashed sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Classic Sacha Inchi Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups finely grated Carrots
- 2/3 cups Raisins (optional!)
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) Vegan Butter, softened
- 4oz Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease or line loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a large bowl, whisk flax eggs together with maple syrup, coconut oil, and Classic Sacha Inchi Butter.
- Add in pumpkin and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir well.
- Stir in carrots and raisins (optional) and then pour batter into loaf pan
- Bake for ~55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While baking, you can prepare the frosting. Use a mixer to blend together vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vegan butter until creamy.
- Let cakes cool before frosting, and enjoy!
*Flax Egg: Mix 1 Tbsp flax seeds and 2.5 Tbsp of water to replace each egg. Let sit for ~5 minutes until thick.
THis looks absolutely delicious!! Cant wait to try it out for the holidays!
Carrot cake is my absolutely FAVORITE cake! I can’t wait to try this out this recipe I wish I had known about it for Easter.