No need to pay extra at the store when you can easily make this delicious dessert at home! Whether it's a surprise for your Valentine or a fun activity to do with the kids, these chocolate covered strawberries satisfy everyone's sweet tooth!
The best part of this recipe is how you'll feel after eating it! Thanks to the added protein from the Lightly Salted Sacha Inchi Seeds and the antioxidant/anti-inflammatory properties in strawberries, you'll feel full and refreshed without the sugar-crash!
Grab your ingredients and get dipping! Be sure to tag @brassrootsfood so we can see your creation :)
Servings: 1lb of Strawberries (15-20 medium berries)
1LB of Strawberries
6-8 oz Dark Chocolate
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 2oz Lightly Salted Sacha Inchi Seeds
- Clean and dry your strawberries. Keep the stem on for a rustic look or cut top off at a 45° angle to create a heart shape (see photos below!)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each round. You want it fully mixed and warm, but be careful not to burn the chocolate!
- Finely chop your Sacha Inchi Seeds and set aside on a plate.
- Using a fork, pierce the top of the strawberry, dip it in the chocolate. Tap the excess chocolate off and roll the chocolate covered strawberry in the chopped Sacha Inchi Seeds.
- Set the strawberry on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Plate and enjoy!
*Cutting your strawberries at the top will create a heart-shaped berry!