We're right in the thick of Fall, and if you live in a place with seasons, that means the leaves are changing colors, the air is cool and crisp, and you're probably craving some warm, cozy foods.
That's why we've whipped up an oatmeal bowl filled to the brim with all the Fall flavors you know and love. This hearty breakfast is high in plant based protein, fiber, omega-3s, and has the perfect balance between sweet and spiced. Perfect for oatmeal lovers and newbies alike!
Give this bowl a shot and tag us @brassrootsfood so we can see your Sacha Inchi creations!
Cinnamon Apple Oats (Vegan, GF)
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/3 cup GF rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 serving of your favorite plant based protein powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- lots of cinnamon
- non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp Sacha Inchi butter
- 1/2 of an apple, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Boil water and a pinch of salt in a pot over medium/high heat.
- Add in rolled oats, turn heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the oats are cooking, heat a pan over medium heat. Cook the apples in coconut oil until soft and tender. (Pro tip: if you have an air fryer, cook the apples in it, sans oil)
- Once the oats are cooked, stir in protein powder, maca powder, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and cinnamon.
- If the oats are too thick, add in non-dairy milk 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add the oats to a bowl and top with cooked apples, pumpkin seeds, more cinnamon, and of course, your favorite flavor of Sacha Inchi butter!
Try out this amazing recipe, post a picture, and tag us @brassrootsfood on Instagram or Facebook using #SnackWithAPurpose so we can see what you create and feature you!