Getting takeout can be tough when you have dietary restrictions...there's usually gluten or dairy in the sauce, egg added in and sometimes a dish ruined by nuts! Fortunately, this recipe keeps the taste and ditches the allergens by using tamari/coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, Sacha Inchi Seeds instead of peanuts and leaves the add-ins (eggs, meat, etc.) up to you!
Does it keep? Airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days!
- 6-8 Tbsp Unsweetened Sacha Inchi Butter
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 4 tsp tamari (coconut aminos for soy-free option!)
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 4 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or 1 tbsp agave/maple syrup)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk (we recommend coconut)
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced (buy shredded to save time!)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 14 oz Tofu (optional! Use more veggies if omitting tofu)
- 1.5 cup broccoli or similar veggies (cauliflower, cabbage, etc)
- 5 cups cooked and cold rice (for best results, make rice day before and store in the fridge overnight)
- salt, red pepper, cayenne, lime juice to taste
- Cilantro (optional garnish)
- Blend all "peanut" sauce ingredients together. Adjust any spices to taste! Put aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add onions and a pinch of salt. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, and bell pepper. Mix well and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tofu (optional) and broccoli. Mix well and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in "peanut" sauce and mix well. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and let cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Add in the rice and more salt. This is when you can add and taste seasonings to your liking! Get creative and know that you can always add more, but you can't take out when you've added too much!
- If the rice seems too dry add in some dairy free milk/vegetable broth. Cover and cook for a minutes.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime, garnish and serve hot!
Comments will be approved before showing up.