Is there such a thing as TOO much pumpkin in the fall? We don't think so! This recipe combines two of our favorite flavors, Sacha Inchi and pumpkin, and we couldn't be happier 😊
This sweet and rich cookie might taste like dessert, but it doesn't skimp on nutritious ingredients either. We've included ingredients that provide an extra boost of protein, fiber, omega 3s, vitamins, minerals, AND antioxidants!
Get into the autumn spirit and bake these up on a blustery day! Be sure to tag @brassrootsfood so we can see your creation and share :)
Pumpkin Spice Sacha Inchi Cookies
- 1 egg (substitute flax egg* if vegan)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Sacha Inchi Butter**
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup flour (we use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF flour)
- Optional: raw tubinado sugar to sprinkle on top, you choice of add ins like pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, walnuts, chopped Sacha Inchi Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, Sacha Inchi Butter, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar and maple syrup. If using CLASSIC Sacha Inchi Butter you can omit the maple syrup. Beat until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice, the pinch of salt, baking soda, and flour. Beat again until your dough forms.
- Carefully stir in any add-ins.
- Using a scoop or two spoons, drop uniform amounts of dough 2" apart onto the cookie sheet.
- Gently flatten the cookies with your fingers and top with raw sugar.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from the over and let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once cooled, enjoy with a pumpkin spice latte 😉
*To make a flax/chia egg: mix 1 tbsp flax or chia seed with 3 Tbsp water. Let sit for 10 minutes until firm.
**We use unsweetened Sacha Inchi Butter to control the sweetness, but feel free to experiment with the classic or even the chocolate for a delicious twist!
Get baking, post a picture, and tag us @brassrootsfood on Instagram or Facebook using #SnackWithAPurpose so we can see what you create and feature you!