As the weather starts to cool down, we are heating things up in our kitchens! One of our go-to cold weather recipes is this delicious (and super easy!) Sacha Inchi Stew. Inspired by the Vegetarian Peanut Stew by Cookie and Kate, we took things to the next nut-free level!
Try this recipe out with whatever you have lying around and let us know what you think! Be sure to tag @brassrootsfood so we can see your creation and share :)
Servings: 4 Servings
Does it keep? Air tight container for up to a week or freeze for the future! Just defrost in the fridge overnight or in a pot on the stove.
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch collard greens (or kale), ribs removed and leaves chopped into 1-inch strips
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Sacha Inchi Butter
- ½ cup tomato paste
- Hot sauce (we recommend sriracha for creaminess)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped lightly salted sacha inchi seeds, for garnish
- Brown Rice
- Combine the broth and water in a medium/large stock pot. Bring to a boil and add the onion, ginger, garlic and salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the unsweetened sacha inchi butter and tomato paste, then ladle 1-2 cups of the stock from the stove to the bowl. Whisk together until smooth, then pour the Sacha Inchi mixture back into the soup pot on the stove and mix well. Stir in the collard greens and season the soup with hot sauce to taste!
- Simmer for about 15 more minutes on medium-low heat, stirring often. Season with additional salt or hot sauce if desired. Serve over brown rice and top with chopped sacha inchi seeds/ribboned collard greens.
Comments will be approved before showing up.