These muffins are just the right balance between tender and crumbly. Perfectly sweetened (with natural sweetener!) and full of protein (nearly 6 grams in each muffin!), these muffins are sure to keep you full and happy.
This recipe uses just 1 bowl and 1 hour from start to finish so there's no excuse not to try it! Post a picture and tag us @brassrootsfood so we can see what you create!
Servings: 12 muffins
Does it keep? 3-4 Days
Freezer Friendly: 1 month
- 2 batches flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar (sub honey if not vegan)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or sub cane sugar. Regular white sugar will also work just fine)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Sacha Inchi Butter (+ more for topping)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats (We used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend* (if not gluten-free, sub unbleached all-purpose flour or whole-wheat pastry flour)
- 8-9 tsp strawberry jam (aim for naturally sweetened to keep these refined sugar-free)
*We used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour for convenience, but check out this gluten-free blend from Minimalist Baker for the perfect blend!
**This recipe has been adapted from Minimalist Baker's Original Recipe. Check it out here!
Comments will be approved before showing up.