To all our dedicated dog lovers out there, here’s an easy and simple 5 ingredient dog treat recipe that your canine will love!
Spending so much time and money searching for healthy dog treats can be a hassle. Not to mention those skeptical ingredients and preservatives that you know nothing about. So, why not make your own?
With this recipe, you know EXACTLY what’s going in your companion’s tummy. I’m sure they’ll appreciate the way you can customize the shapes with cookie cutters as well! (This also can be a fun activity to do with the kiddies.)
P.S. Don’t forget to let your dog lick the spoon!
Go make these mouthwatering (for your dog of course) and simple treats! Be sure to tag @brassrootsfood so we can see your creation & share :)
Serving Size: 30 treats (Note: Serving size will vary depending on size of cookie cutters)
Storage: We recommend storing in the fridge to keep them fresh!
- 3 cups coconut flour (or a flour of your choice)
- 1 cup Sacha Inchi Butter (unsweetened + classic are perfectly safe for pups!)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl, add Sacha Inchi butter, water, egg, and honey. Gradually add 2 ½ cups flour & mix with a mixer until dough is firm & sticky. (Note: You may need to add more flour depending on the type you use. Also, you may need to switch to using your hands after a few minutes.)
- On a clean and lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times, making sure the dough is lightly covered with flour.
- Roll the dough out about ½ inch thick with a rolling pin.
- Use cookie cutters (or a round cup) to cut out shapes in dough (After you finish you can re-roll out the leftover dough to make more.)
- Transfer treats to the baking pan, and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. (The longer they bake the crunchier they’ll get!)
- Let cool completely, and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.