We've been super into trying new flavor combinations with Sacha Inchi recently. Did you know that we source our seeds from our partner, Chan, in Thailand? Read more about Chan and the amazing work he does running a K-12 school and a university HERE (his profits from sacha inchi farming support 90% of his schools!). Since our seeds are from Southeast Asia, we figured they would taste good with other more well-known asian flavors like sesame seeds. Although native to Africa, sesame seeds are commonly used throughout Asian cuisine!
Our sacha inchi sesame bars are perfect for those on the go or when you want an afternoon snack to keep you doing until dinner! Under 10 ingredients, these bars are easy to make, store AND eat 😋
30 Minutes (+30 minutes cool time)
Servings: 16 bars
Does it keep? Airtight container. We kept ours in the fridge for a week! Optionally, keep in the freezer for a few months and let soften a bit before eating.
- 1¼ cups white and black sesame seeds (if you can only find one or the other that's fine!)
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lightly salted Sacha Inchi Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper. Leave enough over the edge to be able to pull bars out when cooled.
- Mix sesame seeds, coconut, sacha inchi seeds, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in maple syrup, sacha inchi butter, and vanilla in a small bowl. When combined, add to sesame seed mixture and combine well.
- Move the mixture into the pan and firmly press into an even layer. Bake until it begins to brown around the edges (20-25 minutes). We recommend turning the pan halfway through to ensure even browning.
- Set atop a wire cooling rack and let sit for 30 minutes. Lift parchment paper out of the pan and if the bars are beginning to crumble, let it cool for 10-15 minutes longer in the pan.
- Cut into 16-ish bars. Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or tightly wrapped. Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.