|1-12 hours minutes||
Servings: 4-6 Servings
Does it keep? 2-3 Days in the fridge. Don't recommend freezing.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lbs trimmed green/mixed beans
- 1/3 cup Lightly Salted Sacha Inchi Seeds, whole or roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- 2 tsp sumac or 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 medium asian pear or sweet apple like fuji
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- Over medium-high heat cook oil and pumpkin seeds (use the seeds from making out Bharta with a Twist recipe), stirring occasionally, until the oil is slightly sizzling and the seeds are golden; 4-5 minutes. Strain the seeds through a fine mesh strainer, catching the oil in the bowl to use later. Move the seeds to a plate and immediately season with salt and pepper. Let cool to the side. The Sacha Inchi seeds are already roasted and seasoned, so they will be added later!
- Prepare an ice bath for your green beans (water with some ice cubes) and boil salted water. Working in batches, cook the green beens until bright green and slightly tender; about 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the green beans to the ice bath.
- Whisk lemon juice and sumac (or lemon zest) in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly pour in the oil as you whisk to ensure that it emulsifies properly.
- Line the green beans up (5-10 at a time), cut the ends on both sides and smash them with a rolling pin to split them open. Cut into 1-inch pieces and put into the bowl with dressing.
- Toss to coat and let sit at room temperature for an hour or cover and chill for up to 12 hours. The longer the better!
- When you're ready to serve, cut the pear/apple into half-inch cubes and toss into the green beans with the parsley, 1/2 of the seasoned pumpkin seeds and 1/2 of the Sacha Inchi Seeds. Top with the remaining pumpkin/Sacha Inchi seeds and serve!
The longer it marinates, the better. Feel free to make this recipe around lunch-time if you want to serve it for dinner.