We all know that the chocolate chips are the best part of any trail mix, so what better way to celebrate National Chocolate Chip cookie day then with these trail mix cookies!
The second we saw Jessica from @jessicainthekitchen whip these babies up, we knew we had to "Sacha Inchi-ify" them ASAP. For more vegan + GF recipe inspo, go check out this incredible food blogger/photographer on the gram or on her website [https://jessicainthekitchen.com/]
Packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats, these cookies are sure to be a sweet treat that kids will love and parents will feel good about.
Here's our adapted version:
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
|Total Time||25 Minutes|
|Servings||Approx. 10 cookies|
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons GF pretzels [chopped - plus extra whole ones for the top]
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup organic Sacha Inchi butter [microwaved for 30 seconds]
- 1/4 cup date syrup [sub maple syrup if desired]
- As many vegan chocolate chips as your heart desires!!!
Preheat the oven to 325°F/165°C
Line a baking sheet
Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add in the wet ingredients in order
Roll or scoop dough into 10 cookies
- Optional: press a whole pretzel onto the top of each cookie
Bake for 12-15 minutes on the top rack
Transfer to a wire rack to cool
Enjoy with breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert!
Tag us in your cookie creations @brassrootsfood or #SnackWithAPurpose